Thursday, February 13, 2014

Week #8 Gust Speaker

Yesterday, we had a charming guest speaker, Ms. Junko Hibiya, a president of ICU.

I want to write down what she said briefly.

1.Learn another language.


If you have as many languages as possible, you can communicate with more people!

2. Find your passion!



You will be able to find no matter what you are specialize in.
To find your passion, you have to be an intentional learner.

3. There is money somewhere, so seek it !



Never give up anything because you don't have money.

4. Study abroad.


5. Everything is possible.
ใงใใ‚‹!!


6. Exercise (Do something regularly!)

In order to keep your health balance, it is important to avoid stress.

That's all.

Most interesting story for me was her story as a woman.
As I mentioned, my essay (which I will hand in tomorrow!) is about women leaders, it was interesting to hear how women were treated in her young age. She said that when job hunting, women and men were prepared separate room, and women were told there would be no chance to work. However, this is the point I respect, she looked for what she could do. And luckily, she had a chance to go to graduated school in the U.S.. Moreover, she became a professor and now president of ICU.

Hibiya sensei reminded me of my grandmother who passed away when I was nine years old. I heard that after graduating university in Japan, my grandmother went to the U.S as well. by ship, Hikawamaru, and studied method of teaching English for two years. She taught English at some university. (Actually, she was a ELA teacher at ICU for very short time!) I don't know her story that much, but I heard that she was respectable as a teacher and as a woman.


So....tomorrow is the due date of the essay! Hope everyone is doing alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment