Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week #7 Class on Monday

Yesterday, Mr. Kitashiro gave us motivational speech.

It was interesting to hear his background. 
I will write 3 important qualities I learned from him.

1. Patience
I think he is a tough man. He said that he was slow in promotion among peers. If I was him, I would be hasty and give up working. Furthermore he even said whatever his situation is, he just did his best and put all his energy into it. 




2. Optimism
In speech, he repeated "be positive!" and  "be optimistic!" many times. He practices ATM any time. For example, he can make a decision quickly which might be risky and even if the plan fails, he thinks that the mistake is not that significant, which doesn't collapse the world. What a positive thought! I used to think I am too optimistic, but he is more optimistic than I am! 
I think his Christianity is one of the most influencing facts that makes him such a positive. It was surprising that he said "Don't worry even if you fail the test." I simply cannot do that because grade is important for me as a college student!




3. Being yourself
He is him. When I asked him there are any role models as a leader, he answered me no. I was surprised at that answer because I tend to make role models to confirm whether my decision is right or not. (Also, I tend to follow what the role models are doing.) However, he said there were someone such as boss from whom he learned, but he did not have any models whom he follow. 




I learned a lot from him besides these three qualities. 
I liked his way of thinking and his way of giving a speech. Even though he is short, he looked very confident because of good posture. In addition to that his way of speaking was great too; it was clear, polite, and strong. 

Also, as we discussed in today's class, Mr. Kitashiro's speech links to Shackleton. I thought true leaders have great qualities in common. I hope I can be like them someday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment